Tuesday, December 24, 2013

BEYONCE : I WANTED TO FOLLOW IN MADONNA’S FOOTSTEPS


Beyonce Knowles just pulled off one of the most spectacular surprise album drops of all time with the Dec. 13 release of her self-titled visual album, setting both iTunes and Billboard chart records in the process. What facilitated the successful campaign? The singer made it clear on Saturday night that it came to one major business decision.



“I started my own company,” Beyonce said referring to Parkwood Entertainment, the entertainment and management company she founded in 2008. “When I decided to manage myself, it was important that I didn’t go to some big management company. I felt like I wanted to follow the footsteps of Madonna and be a powerhouse and have my own empire and show other women when you get to this point in your career, you don’t have to go sign with someone else and share your money and your success — you do it yourself.”

Beyonce’s comments came during a private screening for fans and the press of the 17 videos accompanying the album at New York’s School of Visual Arts Theatre.

Source : HollywoodReporter

No comments:

Post a Comment