Thursday, August 16, 2012

Madonna Talks Fashion To Marie Claire!!




Madonna has been a style muse for almost 30 years now AND she even has the successful clothing line Truth or Dare, which has been flying off the shelves.
And now, the international pop icon opens up in British Marie Claire's September issue about fashion influences, her beauty secrets, and what it's like to work with Madge Jr., otherwise known as her daughter Lola.
Some HIGHlights include:
On her daily beauty regimen:
"In the morning, I have a tendency to get up with my kids before they go to school and then go back to sleep and sneak in a few more hours, because I don’t usually go to bed until late.
So I wake up twice, or I wake up once and I’m very grumpy for the rest of the day. I splash cold water on my face and use Japanese eye drops that really burn my eyes, and that makes me wake up. I use this new line of products by Eminence. They contain all-natural ingredients. Everything they make smells like food, so facial cleansers smell like blueberries [Blueberry Soy Exfoliating Cleanser], the toning serum smells like strawberry [Strawberry Rhubarb Hyaluronic Serum], and the body scrub smells like coconut [Coconut Sugar Scrub]. At night I brush and floss my teeth and I don’t think I’ve ever gone to sleep with make-up on. I hang up my clothes and wash my face.
I am a Leo, so looking good and smelling good are very important. For everyday, though, I just show up to rehearsal with my hair wet and wearing a tracksuit. Sometimes I just don’t have time to make an entrance."
On creating her own fragrance:
"I have expensive taste. Also, rose is hard to recreate. I used to live in the English countryside and there were wild roses that grew there – they were narcotic, but we could never recreate that smell of an authentic rose, so I decided to go back to the smell of gardenias and tuberose in Truth or Dare. Gardenias have always been a big part of my life – I smell them every day as they surround my homes in Los Angeles and Miami. And I love the smell of whisky. Whenever I smell whisky, I think, 'Oh, this would make a great men's cologne.'"
On her fashion partner, Lourdes:
My daughter has a very strong opinion and she knows what she likes. She has a good sense of style and I like the way she dresses. Sometimes we disagree on things. I don’t like that she shaves her head, but she likes it. Often it’s fun to collaborate with her and I can always go to her and say, 'Does this look OK? Is this good? No? Shoes? No? High-waisted? Low-waisted?' She's a pretty good judge and very critical.
On her beauty icon:
"I look up to Frida Kahlo, because she wasn’t a conventional beauty but she had a strong face. She always painted self-portraits and she didn’t try to get rid of her moustache or her eyebrows, whereas other people would try to make themselves look better or be what was accepted by society at that time. I think what makes a woman most beautiful is if she’s proud of who she is and the way she looks, if she owns herself and doesn’t try to hide things or change things, or make something up that doesn’t exist or apologize for who she is or what she looks like."
So many wise words from our queen!
In the meantime, you can read the rest of the interview in September's Marie Claire UK issue!

No comments:

Post a Comment