Monday, August 20, 2012

Author Anne Rice Posts About Madonna And Pussy Riot!




anne rice, author of ‘the vampire chronicles,’ posted about pussy riot and madonna on her facebook page yesterday. the following are comments she added on her post about madonna:

-I love Madonna. I love her bravery, her individuality, her originality and her courage. She is a great soul. Go Madonna! I hope rock singers boycott Russia until the people complain. I hope the entire International arts community stands up for Pussy Riot and for Madonna.

-Madonna has always stood up for human rights. And she has always been persecuted and condemned for her stand on freedom, and freedom of expression. She is a great performer, and she has made history in her own way. I applaud her now as much as I ever did. I love her.

-This scandal, of Madonna being sued by Russians for standing up for gays will do good for gays all over the world. The more people who stand up for gays the better it is, and the more hope and courage they give to young gays who are struggling against bullying and bigotry. Go Madonna. I am so glad to see she has such courage.

-Madonna’s greatest film performance, in my opinion was in Evita. She did a monumental job in that film. She was very simply beautiful. I recommend the film to anyone who hasn’t seen it.

-Madonna has always spoken up for freedom of expression. I support her completely for her beautiful comments in the area of human freedom.

-I have a great love for Russian literature and for Russian art. I love to read Russian history; it is full of courage and tragedy. And it is tragic today to see these young protestors, Pussy Riot, jailed for two years for a protest in a Russian Orthodox Church. So sad that this church is now supporting Putin.

-Madonna is a great inspiration, not only to gays, yes, but to straight people everywhere. She’s a versatile artist of tremendous imagination and power, and her achievements leave me breathless. I love her and support her. And I thank her for her tireless support of gays.

-I don’t think the law suit can possibly affect Madonna. But this is a great thing for gay rights, an inspiring thing. And this will get international attention. I’m so proud of Madonna and her courage.

-Thanks for so many wonderful posts here. I so appreciate the vigor and scope of this discussion.

rice has been a long-time supporter of madonna. she was a commentator on madonna’s 1998 ‘behind the music’ episode, and she spoke very lovingly about her then as well. she is my favorite author, so, as you can imagine, i was thrilled see all of her favorable comments about m.

anne rice has been a longtime fan and supporter of madonna. in fact, she was a commentator on madonna’s 1998 episode of ‘behind the music’ - and she spoke very lovingly about her then as well. anne is my favorite author, so, as you can imagine, i was thrilled to see all her favorable comments on madonna today. it warms my heart. -r.

No comments:

Post a Comment