Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Fausto Puglisi on dressing up Madonna!




It wouldn’t be a Madonna tour without the outlandish outfits – Jean Paul Gaultier’s conical-bra corsets, Dolce & Gabbana’s rhinestone confections and Givenchy’s S&M-ish leather have been some of her most memorable in the past. For her MDNA tour, which stopped off in London last night, they come courtesy of Gaultier again, who has revamped his famous piece from 1990′s Blond Ambition tour – and one Fausto Puglisi, whose menacing bullet chains, fur coats and ram masks for her backing dancers are pitch-perfect…
“It’s all about the incredible work of Arianne Phillips [Madonna's long-time stylist]. She knows what works on Her Madgesty. It all started during the promotion of Music, when Madonna wore my blouses. I was a boy and Arianne and Madonna have trusted me ever since. At the MTV Europe Music Awards in Stockholm [in 2000], Madonna wore an amazing Dolce & Gabbana red cowboy suit and I designed bling-bling, Swarovski accessories for her. I can’t forget all the work I did by hand, putting hundreds of crystals and beads on while flying from Rome to New York. The hostesses were looking at me like I was ET.”
Telegraph UK

No comments:

Post a Comment