Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Madonna INTERVIEW : ZEIT MAGAZINE!




Do you know the Berlin club Berghain ?
Berghain? Why?

Because people from all over the world go there to dance on techno music.
I see.

A line from your new song “Girl Gone Wild” is “On the floor till the daylight comes.” When was the last time you danced till dawn?
Last New Year’s Eve. In Gstaad, with Jay-Z. Dance music.

Do you enjoy writing songs? Or is it hard work?
It’s hard work, but it’s fun.

How did you discover new music?
I have many friends who are DJs. And I hear a lot of new music in my daily workout.

Did your kids bring you any new music where you thought: “I don’t understand this anymore.” Like dubstep for example…
I Love dubstep! My children have very good taste. I also play them a lot of music from the eighties. Kurtis Blow, for example. B-Boy Music! My son loves breakdancing!

Do you always play music at home?
Always!

What is currently on your iPod?
I am currently listening to the soundtrack of the film Pina, about Pina Bausch, the choreographer. Have you seen the film by Wim Wenders? I love the story: a woman who dances and whose work is ahead of its time.

Do you remember when you first heard yourself on the radio?
Yeah, I remember. I lived in an apartment in New York, 92 Street, on the riverbank. Everybody was on the radio. That was a pretty surreal experience. I was like “That’s me! How did that happen?” It was a pretty magical moment.

Are you still nervous about huge shows like your Super Bowl performance.
I was nervous, for sure!

Is every new number-one hit still as exciting as the first one? Or do you get used to the success?
No, you never get used to it. As for my work, I take nothing for granted.

What is harder: to become famous or to stay at the top?
To stay at the top.

But no one in the pop business has stayed at the top for so long as you.
You must do what you really love. You have to feed your soul with ideas, and you must not cease to grow as a person. That’s what helps creating art.

No comments:

Post a Comment