Thursday, May 24, 2012

Jean Paul Gaultier Talks Madonna!




In a recent interview French fashion designer Jean Paul Gaultier talked about Madonna:


"I remember when I first met her in Paris, she had so many costumes in her show, that are looking like mine", says Gaultier.

"I said 'It's better I do it for you for real'. She didn't say anything, but after she call me and say [adopts Madonna's slightly whiny accent] 'Gaultier, I'm happy for you to do that'. If she didn't choose me, I should kill the other designer she was using, hahaha! But I am very lucky that, even with people I was doing costumes for movies, like Almodóvar, I started out as fan."

Gaultier has history with Cannes too, having helped create one of its most enduring red-carpet images, when Madonna, on the Croisette in 1991 for "In Bed with Madonna", turned on the steps of the Palais "at just the right moment" and pulled aside her red-silk cloak to reveal the white cone-shaped bra and shorts she was wearing beneath.

"I think she worked out before where all the photographers could get the bet image... But there was so much hysteria when she arrived, so many people screaming and shouting, and she was frightened. We arrived from the Cap D'Antibes hotel in a little boat, and I could see she was so scared. It was the first time I ever see her like this. It was something like a nightmare to be honest."

Gaultier was wearing a black toreador outfit – in other words, defying the festival's strict black-tie dress code for men – but "they didn't say anything, because I was with Madonna! She was more security than security!"

He's been "rejected" from the red carpet two times hence though, once for wearing shorts with his tuxedo jacket, the other time a kilt.


source: independent

No comments:

Post a Comment