Monday, February 13, 2012

Nicki Minaj "Meeting Madonna Changed My Life"!




The presence of a legend helped inspire Nicki Minaj in new ways, making her more focused than ever.

"Meeting Madonna changed my life. Working with Madonna changed my life. Rehearsing with Madonna for two weeks changed my life", Minaj professed.

"I saw how much Madonna sacrificed and how much she rehearses and rehearses and rehearses and rehearses, and everyone there was like 'We got it.'. But she was like 'No, I want you to know this choreography in your sleep'."

"This performance was it, and this is the first performance that I'm proud of in my entire career", Minaj said of her "Super Bowl" halftime performance, aside Madonna and M.I.A.

Minaj had some words in regards to M.I.A.'s brash hand gesture during the halftime show, feeling at first "disappointment" beause of "respect for Madonna".

"I'm a cuckoo lady too, but I would never be able to do it off the strength of Madonna. There are fines that go into these things, and I just thought 'Oh my God. I hope they don't penalize Madonna'. Madonna knows the artist that M.I.A. is, and it was her decision to take the risk with all of us. We were kinda all firecrackers, and she took that risk. She's done some crazy things becoming the icon that she is, so, I think that's why she was able to forgive M.I.A.", she said.

"I love M.I.A., and I don't want to say anything that is the wrong thing, but me, personally, I couldn't see myself doing it, just for the respect for Madonna", Minaj admitted.

"I wouldn't want any backlash to come back on Madonna."


source: billboard

No comments:

Post a Comment