Monday, November 21, 2011

Cyndi Lauper Praises Madonna!

Madonna Still Does It...

"Rolling Stone" caught up with Cyndi Lauper to chat about what inspired her and about her favorite female rockers from yesterday and today.


Did you feel a kinship with other female musicians who were kind of coming in around the same time as you back in the Eighties?

Well I had my alter-image, Madonna [laughs]. No matter what I did, there she was, and no matter what she did, there I was. And it wasn't similar, and it was never intentional. We inspired each other. I am inspired by her, because she still does it, and she looks great, and I'm always on a diet, I can never keep a diet, but she looks fantastic, she always does, so that's inspiring.

Do you think having her around made you raise your game as an artist?

No, in the Eighties I was really heartbroken that they would pit us against each other. Because I've always believed sisterhood is a powerful thing, and I just wanted to have a friend in the industry. Another rocker. But they always isolate you when you become popular, when you become famous, and then you're isolated all of a sudden. Nobody can get to you, I guess because everybody wants to get to you.


source: rollingstone

No comments:

Post a Comment